10 Reflection Questions for a Prosperous Year Ahead in Your Pet Business
The holiday season is go-go-go, but a year-end reflection should be a chance to…
Slow, slow, slow.
As a pet business owner, it’s your goal to keep growing, thriving, and succeeding, but if you never pause to reflect, you won’t know which direction you’re headed in.
This is your reminder to→ Schedule time for your end-of-year reflection.
So you can:
➡️ Evaluate what is working and what’s not in your pet business.
➡️ Make sure you’re on the same page as all your people.
➡️ Get a bird’s eye view of where you are, where you’re going, and how to get there.
Once the holly jolly bustle settles, decide if you will write down your reflection or share them with yourself or someone else aloud. (If you need a community to share these reflections with, get on the waitlist for The Pet Boss Club® opening in 2023!)
Then, get to goal setting with these 10 questions to reflect on for a successful year ahead:
1. Are you always honest with your team members and vendors?
Do you communicate what you need? Do you give them the tools they need to help you? Are you lacking in communication? What can you do to strengthen the bond this year?
2. What makes your company memorable?
What’s your wow factor? How have you leaned into your brand values this year? What about your brand stands out to the crowd? Did you do any signature events last year that you want to recreate in the year ahead?
3. What’s one thing about your brand that you want to lean into more?
Revisit your pet business values. What is important to you in your business? What do you stand for? Is this communicated through your marketing?
4. How do you make people feel?
Your customers. Your team. Your vendors. Your social media audience. How do they walk away from your interactions feeling? What is your impact on them? What could your impact be?
5. What unique skills do you bring to your company?
What can ONLY you bring? Is there something you’re trying to do or be for your company that you can outsource this year?
6. Is your customer experience consistent?
Some days are harder than others, but even on the hard days, can you still deliver a consistent customer experience? If not, what systems can you put in place to make sure that happens?
7. Are you responsive to the needs of your customers and employees?
Communication is a two-way street. Are you hearing the needs of your customers and your team and acting on them? Is there a common problem that arises that you need to address?
8. Do you feel confident in the way you’re running your business?
There will always be growth and change, but at the end of the day, are you confident in where things are going? Are there leadership shifts that need to happen? Can you always back up why you do the things you do in your business?
9. What are three keywords that describe you? Can you incorporate those words more into your business?
Your pet business is a reflection of you– or is it? Do you feel like your business needs more of your flair in it? What are the great things about you that can inspire others?
10. Are you crystal clear on who you serve?
Not every pet owner is your audience. Are you attracting the right customers and repelling the wrong ones? Are you trying to be everything to everyone? Or one thing to one type of pet owner?
In answering these prompts, journaling, and reflecting, you will find one major thing… Your big takeaway to make 2023 your best year yet. Don’t put the end-of-year reflection on the back burner, Pet Boss! It’s in that reflection that you’ll find the answers to take your pet business to even greater heights.
Learn more with us!
- Need 1:1 support to make massive action now? Book a discovery call with us to see if working 1:1 with Candace is the right fit for you.
- Get on the waitlist! You’re passionate about pets. It’s time to have a business that supports the life you want, too! Learn the specific techniques to find new customers, to increase sales and to build a better team for ANY kind of pet business by joining the Pet Boss Club! Get on the waitlist here.