6 Pet Holidays to Maximize Profits in 2023
Planning your pet business’ promotions or sales in advance can feel like a daunting task, but if you use pet-related calendar events to your advantage, you won’t miss out on big chances to maximize your profit!
If you’re a member of the Pet Boss Club®, you utilize our Monthly Planning Toolkits (and if you’re not, you’re in luck– it’s currently OPEN!)
In those toolkits, we look ahead at the calendar and remind you of the upcoming pet-related holidays that you can use to center your sales, events, or promotions around.
Do you have to host a sale or event for every pet holiday?
But if you know what’s coming, you can choose which pet holidays work seamlessly with your unique products or offerings.
Here are 6 Pet Holidays to maximize your profits in 2023:
1- January: National Train Your Dog Month
With resolutions in play, many pet parents consider January a nice clean slate to break into some new habits with their pets. That might be why the Association of Pet Dog Trainers dubbed January “Train Your Dog Month.”
- Feature dog training tools in your sales and promos throughout the month of January. Make videos showing them in use on your social media!
- Partner up with a local trainer to host an in-store event. Offer a discount on training gear to those who attend.
- If you’re a dog trainer, create a package of your most pup-ular classes and encourage your audience to train with you throughout the year!
2- May 13: National Dog Mom Day
Dog momming is the best, isn’t it? And there’s not much more a dog parent can ask for than recognition… and maybe a great sale to spoil their uber-loved pup!
Here are some ideas to celebrate dog motherhood and get in front of your customers:
- Ask your customers to post a photo of them and their dogs! Offer a prize to one participant.
- Offer a special gift to all dog moms who shop that day.
- Launch a “Dog Moms of…” local Facebook Group. Building community surrounding your business will increase customer loyalty.
3- May 20: National Rescue Dog Day
According to the ASPCA, about 3.1 million dogs end up in shelters each year in the United States… so the ones who find their happily ever after are absolutely worth celebrating!
- Ask your customers to post a photo of their rescue dog and their story. Choose a handful of participants to offer a discount to!
- Host a rescue group at your location. Ask them to include a coupon for your business in any adoption packets for the month of May.
- Have a donation bin for a local shelter inside of your business. Offer a discount to anyone who contributes to the bin.
4- August 26: National Dog Day
Is there any better day of the year?! As pet lovers, National Dog Day should be a BIG deal. So make it one in your business!
- Host a Dog Days of Summer Barbeque. Send each attendee home with a goodie bag complete with a coupon for the next time they shop! Take lots of photos to share on social media.
- Offer a small free gift to anyone who shops with their dog in person that day.
- Feature your top-selling dog items in a big National Dog Day sale and get your customers’ tails wagging!
5- October: National Pet Wellness Month
Especially if you pride yourself as a pet wellness guru, October is a great month to feature everything that paws-itively impact a pet’s well-being.
- Ask your followers to tag you in any wellness-related activity with their pet on social media. Even just their daily walk! Choose five people who tag you to receive an exclusive discount.
- Team up with a local yoga instructor for a Dog Yoga event! You can host this in person or virtually.
- Organize a pet walk to get your customers and their dogs moving! Send each home with a goodie bag with a coupon or gift card to entice them to come back and shop soon.
6- November: National Senior Pet Month
Have a soft spot for the senior dogs? Us too. Who doesn’t?! Senior dogs just have a seasoned special kind of soul, and senior pet parents always look for new ways to spoil their golden child. November is the perfect time to shine a spotlight on pampering senior pets!
- Share content highlighting items that provide an easier and more comfortable life for senior pets.
- Team up with a local rescue to highlight senior adoptables. Offer a coupon or adoption welcome bag to anyone who adopts throughout the month!
- Set up a donation box for a senior pet rescue, like The Grey Muzzle Organization.
So, which of these connects with you and your business? Get your ideas on the calendar and start thinking about how you’ll execute them! For extra support in crushing your goals and planning your promotions, become a Pet Boss Club member before doors close until July 2023. Join here!
Learn more with us!
- Need 1:1 support to make massive action now? Book a discovery call with us to see if working 1:1 with Candace is the right fit for you.
- Get on the waitlist! You’re passionate about pets. It’s time to have a business that supports the life you want, too! Learn the specific techniques to find new customers, to increase sales and to build a better team for ANY kind of pet business by joining the Pet Boss Club! Get on the waitlist here.