Celebrating a Pet Industry #LadyBoss: Pet Boss Nation’s Greatest Accomplishments
We’re putting on our paw-ty hats this week to celebrate the birthday of our founder and CEO at Pet Boss Nation, Candace D’Agnolo!
It makes perfect sense that Candace would go into the pet industry. Pets have always played a huge role in her life. Candace moved around a lot throughout her childhood, but her pets were always a true and constant friend she could count on. That fact, coupled with the encouragement to be her own Boss someday, led her to opening three different pet industry businesses, all including– a pet bakery, a pet retail store, dog walking services, grooming salons, a doggy daycare and overnight boarding!
After selling those businesses, she decided her next chapter would be using the skills and experiences that set her apart to help other small businesses thrive.
And Pet Boss Nation was born!
Since its inception, Candace has been busy spreading the message of Pet Boss Nation far and wide. She has created this community of support, and has earned awards and experience that only further enhance her level of expertise.
Candace D’Agnolo has been:
- Awarded Women in the Pet Industry’s 2017 “Woman of the Year Award” in the Entrepreneur category.
- Named the 2018 Pet Age Woman of Influence.
- Featured in Pets+ Magazine over 30 times, and has hosted live webinars educating thousands of pet professionals.
- Been Certified as a WhizBang! Coach and Management One Consultant.
Candace also loves to appear on stage to educate Pet Bosses! Her appearances over the years include:
- Global Pet Expo, with the highest attended rooms four times
- NAPPS (National Association of Professional Pet Sitters) Annual Conference
- Pet Connections Expo
- Pet Food Experts Distributor Shows
- Retail Success Summit
- And we can’t forget some pandemic-friendly virtual stages: Dog Gurus Events, The Pet Summit, Her Business Live, and Pet Link Asia
Candace has brought thousands of Pet Bosses together in various ways within Pet Boss Nation. Those ways include:
- Camp Pet Boss– a first of its kind business conference and retreat with your dog combination, in partnership with Alyssa Slay of Camp Dogwood. The first one took place in 2019. This in-person retreat is a sure fire way to reignite your passion for your business and add some fuel behind your vision. This will be back soon, so get on the waitlist!
- Welcoming over 500 Pet Boss Cub Members since 2017, which has generated hundreds of thousands of dollars in extra revenue for independent pet businesses across the US and Canada.
- A free Facebook group community for small pet business owners with almost 4,000 supportive members!
- The Boss Your Business Podcast that now reaches Pet Bosses far and wide weekly! On its first day, it ranked in the US Top 50 entrepreneur podcasts beating Barbara Cochran from Shark Tank’s podcast that day. It has over 50 five-star reviews and hit the top 3% of all podcasts globally in its first month. It allows Candace to teach, spotlight Pet Boss Club members, and to interview other amazing people supporting the pet industry.
Candace’s experience is certainly well-received and very much valued by small pet business owners. That support has allowed Pet Boss Nation to give back to non-profit organizations!
Because of Pet Boss Nation, roughly $40,000 has been donated to Leader Dogs for the Blind, by sponsoring two puppies who were trained through their program to become working sight dogs! To read more, or to make a donation to this amazing cause, click here.
Look at what was built here at Pet Boss Nation– all because one wonderful Pet Boss had a dream and made it real.
We hope you can browse through this list and utilize these resources to find some nuggets that help you in your own business.
Oh, and if you see Candace this week, either virtually or in person (where are our Global Pet Expo people?!), wish her a very happy birthday.
She has a whole crew of Pet Bosses who sure are grateful she was born!
Learn more with us!
- Need 1:1 support to make massive action now? Book a discovery call with us to see if working 1:1 with Candace is the right fit for you.
- Get on the waitlist! You’re passionate about pets. It’s time to have a business that supports the life you want, too! Learn the specific techniques to find new customers, to increase sales and to build a better team for ANY kind of pet business by joining the Pet Boss Club! Get on the waitlist here.