Episode 14 | Actionable Steps Toward Starting Your Own Pet Business
Listen On Your Favorite Platform: Apple | Spotify | Megaphone
Or Listen Here
Did You Know:
With a global market of $180 Billion, it’s projected that just the people in the US will spend close to $110 Billion on their pets in 2022!
Have you been considering getting in on that promising action by starting your own pet business?
If you’ve ever considered switching up your career path and becoming your own #PetBoss, then this episode is for you…
And if you’re already a seasoned Pet Boss Pro, it’s for you too! There are some hidden nuggets of pure gold information for any pet business owner– no matter what stage you’re in!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to hone in on your unique skillset to choose which model of #petbiz careers works best for you.
- Ways to break into the industry, whether that means drawing a business plan up from scratch or taking over an existing business.
- Whether or not your plan is viable for the long term.
- The legalities surrounding starting your own business.
- How to get and KEEP clients through marketing, communication, and more.
If you want to be a Boss and sniff out your portion of a BOOMING industry, this is a great place to start. Grab your notebook, because your mind will be swarming with ideas after this one!
Resources – Furthering Education / Professional Organizations
- Pet Boss Nation
- Paragon School of Pet Grooming
- National Dog Groomers Association
- National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS)
- Pet Sitters International
- The Dog Gurus
- Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT)
Resources – Legal Advice
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Insurance Contact – David Pearsall of the Business Insurers of the Carolinas
Join Us Online
Rate, Review, Follow, Subscribe!
“I love listening to Candace and the Boss Your Business Podcast!”
If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more pet professionals — just like you — to have a successful pet business. Listen on Apple Podcasts: go to the show, scroll to the bottom, find the purple stars, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let us know what you think!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, please follow the podcast. I may just add some bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not following, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Follow and subscribe now!
Note: Not all podcast platforms allow for ratings and reviews.