Episode 22 | Raw Diets, DCM, Pet Food Quality Control, And Pet Industry Pros In STEM – An Interview with Nicci Cammack
Or Listen Here
What happens when Candace gets to interview a woman in STEM and pet industry leader who not only owns her own pet retail location, but is making great strides in the study and transparency of pet food nutrition?
You get a jam-packed episode bursting at the seams with value, knowledge, and inspiration!
In this episode, Candace is joined by Nicci Cammack, founder and owner of NorthPoint Pets & Company, a large independent pet retail store. Nicci has an MS in Nutrition, and is currently pursuing her PhD in comparative biomedical sciences with a focus on canine nutrition.
Here’s a sneak peek of some of the many topics Candace covered with Nicci:
- How Nicci got to the point of letting her team handle the day-to-day of her retail business, even if that meant letting them make some mistakes.
- Her pitbull, Taser, and how her experiences with him propelled her down the path of exploring animal nutrition and a raw diet.
- Why she switched careers and opened a pet retail location, and how that snowballed into wanting to understand (and change) companion pet food regulation processes.
- What questions retailers should be asking to ensure quality products on their shelves.
- What pet industry professionals should really know about DCM.
- Her journey as a woman in STEM and how we can support others in that pursuit.
We were not kidding when we said “jam-packed”! Grab a pen for note taking, and get ready to absorb the incredible knowledge Nicci brings to the pet industry!
Learn More About Our Guest, Nicci Cammack
- Read Nicci’s Peer Reviewed Study Low Number of Owner-Reported Suspected Transmission of Foodborne Pathogens From Raw Meat-Based Diets Fed to Dogs and/or Cats.
- Watch Nicci & Dr. Ryan Yamka’s Presentation on DCM + What’s New in 2022
- Companion Animal Nutrition & Wellness Institute (CANWI)
- Susan Thixton, Truth About Pet Food
Join Us Online
Rate, Review, Follow, Subscribe!
“I love listening to Candace and the Boss Your Business Podcast!”
If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more pet professionals — just like you — to have a successful pet business. Listen on Apple Podcasts: go to the show, scroll to the bottom, find the purple stars, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let us know what you think!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, please follow the podcast. I may just add some bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not following, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Follow and subscribe now!
Note: Not all podcast platforms allow for ratings and reviews.