How to Boost Your Bottom Line with Pet Parties & Events
Come on, puppy, let’s go paw-ty!
Maybe your ideal customers are celebrating their birthdays with a dog-friendly shindig. Maybe they want to host a dog birthday party or a Gotcha Day for their pet. Or perhaps they just want to gather some of their pet’s besties for fun as the weather heats up.
Whatever gets people AND their pets out of the house, it all helps strengthen the human-animal bond.
Why is creating a strong connection between people and pets important?
Because this relationship is crucial for health and well-being. By encouraging social interactions, physical touch, and a non-judgmental relationship, humans experience positive psychological and emotional impacts, and animals can too.
Want your pet business to play a role in that? Spring/Summer is the perfect time to focus on pet party planning options!
Here are some ways you can add more Bark Day or Gotcha Day action to your pet business:
Collect pet birthdays for informational purposes.
First things first — hopefully, you are collecting customer email addresses to add to your email list. And when you do, ask what their pet’s birthday or Gotcha Day is too!
Then, add this information to a database and segment your list when preparing to promote Spring/Summer party options. This allows you to send personalized emails to the pet parents celebrating a pet occasion during the warmer months. It’s a simple yet effective way to improve customer experience and boost your bottom line.
Decide what hosting an event at or with your business might look like.
There are a few key things to consider when brainstorming ideas for a dog birthday party or Gotcha Day party:
- Do you have space for a small birthday paw-ty? Factor in the size of the guest list when planning the event.
- Do you have an outdoor area? It can be a great way to provide an exciting environment for pets to play and socialize.
- Is there another local business you could team up with to host pet parties? Collaborating can help expand your reach and provide customers with a unique experience.
Gather the pet party supplies.
1. Party food
- Dog ice cream. The cool treats from The Bear and the Rat are a must-have for a dog birthday party.
- Dog beer. This is a popular option for dogs celebrating their 3rd birthday. Remember, in dog years, 3 x 7 = 21. Your pooch can drink the goodies from Bowser Beer or Beer Paws! But it’s always a fun addition to a pet party, no matter the occasion.
- Dog birthday cake. Sell pre-made birthday cakes or birthday cookies. They’re ready to go, so no customization is needed. Try Dog Cake Bakery, Bubba Rose Biscuit Company, Lazy Dog Cookie Company, Bosco and Roxy’s, and K9 Granola Factory for cakes and cookies of all shapes and sizes. Make sure they’re shelf-stable so you can have various choices for those who just come on the day of the dog birthday party without thinking ahead about custom ordering anything.
2. Fun decor
You could make pet-themed designs that help set the tone for the party part of the package. This can include balloon arches, streamers, and banners. Consider adding a photo display, too. Print photos of the dog of honor to customize the event!
3. Play games
Keep the party guests entertained with fun and interactive toys and games, like tug-of-war ropes, fetch toys, and puzzles. You can take playtime to another level with a doggy version of ‘Pin the tail on the donkey’ or a game of musical sit. You can also set up an agility course or a mini-obstacle course for dogs to play on.
✨Pet party pro-tip:
Dog birthday parties, Gotcha Day, or adoption day celebrations — events like this make for GREAT social media content. The kind that can go viral and make other pet owners say, “I need to book my pet’s party there ASAP!”
Who doesn’t love scrolling through Instagram or TikTok and seeing adorable pets partying like rock stars? So get permission to share photos and videos to showcase your party planning prowess. Don’t forget to ask the pet parent for feedback to use as a testimonial.
Hosting events in your pet business is a game-changer. Not only does it take your customer’s experience from good to AMAZING, but it also gets their pet parent friends into your location. The exposure can’t be beaten. Plus, the fun and excitement you’re providing go above and beyond, giving your customers and their pets a celebration they’ll never forget. So, why not make your business the life of the paw-ty?!
Need some more inspo? Check out Episode 70 of the Boss Your Business Podcast!
Learn more with us!
- Need 1:1 support to make massive action now? Book a discovery call with us to see if working 1:1 with Candace is the right fit for you.
- Get on the waitlist! You’re passionate about pets. It’s time to have a business that supports the life you want, too! Learn the specific techniques to find new customers, to increase sales and to build a better team for ANY kind of pet business by joining the Pet Boss Club! Get on the waitlist here.