The Go-To List of Pet Industry Associations for Every Pet Niche
If you’re a pet pro curious about which pet industry associations are worth looking into– let us save you the Google deep dive. 🙌
We know you want to provide the best of the best service or products for pet parents, so that means staying up-to-date on the latest trends and news within your pet niche. Joining a pet industry association is a great way to network with fellow pet business owners, expand your expertise in the field, and stay on top of important decisions and legislation surrounding your specialty.
Not sure where to start? We do!
We’ve rounded up a comprehensive list of the pet industry organizations you should know about, and we sorted them up into various niche categories.
Are you part of a pet industry association you don’t see on this list? We’d love to hear from you! Email us at hello@PetBossNation.com, and we’ll add it. Together, we can build lasting pet industry associations that meet the needs of pet professionals everywhere and enhance our services for pet owners and their pets!
Manufacturers & Distributors
- American Pet Products Association (APPA)
- APPA has been around since 1958 and stands by their mission to continue advancing the pet products industry.
- Pet Industry Distributors Association (PIDA)
- PIDA is a big promoter of solid partnerships between suppliers and their customers. They believe that the more we work together, the better we can foster the human/pet bond.
- National Animal Supplement Council (NASC)
- If you’re a pet industry manufacturer or distributor who supplies pet supplements, consider membership with NASC. They work to protect and enhance the animal health supplement industry.
- Next Generation Pet Food Manufacturers Association (NGPFMA)
- If you’re on a mission to supply quality pet food with trusted manufacturing practices, the NGPFMA might be a solid association choice for you.
- Pet Sustainability Coalition
- To secure your sustainability accreditation, check out the Pet Sustainability Coalition! They aim to support pet industry manufacturers in accelerating your sustainable pet food journey.
- World Pet Association (WPA) (actually, for all niches, too!)
- The WPA offers many resources and encourages a more collaborative pet industry overall.
- Independent & Neighborhood Pet Retail Association (IndiePet)
- For the independent pet industry retailer! IndiePet is doing BIG things for the small pet business world by offering business tools, networking opportunities, and much more support with their membership.
- Nexpet is a co-op for independent pet retailers with exclusive benefits like vendor rebates and discounts, staff training, marketing programs, and business management tools.
- National Animal Supplement Council (NASC) for Retailers
- A quality seal on your pet supplements is a MUST for pet retailers. The NASC is a free association that will help you better understand the supplements you carry so you can better educate pet parents.
- National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS)
- NAPPS offers pet sitters continuing education opportunities, certifications, and resources needed to operate a booming pet sitting company!
- Pet Sitters International (PSI)
- PSI helps pet sitters build a profitable business at EVERY stage (whether just starting or scaling.) They focus on making sure pet sitters have thriving and fulfilling careers!
- Professional Animal Care Certification Council (PACCC)
- As a pet care service provider, you can obtain a 3-year certification through PACCC that ensures your customers that you’re a pet professional with a broad knowledge base in animal care.
- National Dog Groomers Association of America
- Calling all groomers who want to up their game, network with others in the pet grooming profession, and continue learning so they can get certified in their craft!
- American Professional Pet Groomers Association
- This association focuses on connecting groomers with certification programs, exploring insurance benefit options for groomers, and helping groomers educate pet parents on industry standards.
- International Professional Groomers
- International Professional Groomers offers various certification courses, including advanced and master grooming, safety certifications, and even cat grooming!
- National Groomer Association of Canada (NGAC)
- The NGAC is a Federal Non-Profit organization that connects passionate groomers across Canada and advocates for ethical and safe grooming practices.
- International Society of Canine Cosmetologist (ISCC)
- ISCC is a trendsetting leader in the pet grooming industry offering lots of options for continuing education and certification.
- Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers® (CCPDT®)
- The CCPDT® is the leading independent certifying organization for the dog training profession and offers well-recognized and respected training certifications.
- Pet Professionals Guild (PPG)
- The PPG focuses on offering force-free training resources to pet trainers and pet parents.
- Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT)
- The APDT is a community where dog trainers can come together to enhance their knowledge and qualifications and be included in a comprehensive directory where pet parents can find a local dog trainer who meets their needs.
- International Association of Canine Professionals
- The IACP offers continuing education and certifications for dog trainers and other pet industry professionals and connects pet parents with appropriate resources and referrals throughout their training journey.
- International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC)
- The IAABC aims to elevate the standards of professional behavior training while offering training credentials for many different types of pets.
- International Boarding & Pet Services Association (IBPSA)
- If you run a dog boarding facility, check out the IBPSA for lots of resources and certifications that’ll help your boarding business stand out.
- Owners of Dog Daycares Group
- The ODD Group is an easily accessible Facebook group with membership requirements– meaning you must be the current owner of a dog daycare. The community works together to define and uphold best practices in the dog daycare industry.
- aPaws – Association of Professional Animal Waste Specialists
- If poop is your pet industry niche, we’ve got you covered too! aPaws is a trade association of professional animal waste specialists upholding the strict standards of operating a pet waste removal company. They also have a searchable database of pet industry pros for pet parents!
- International Association Of Pet Cemeteries & Crematories (IAOPC)
- The IAOPC is an organization advancing the standards of all pet cemeteries and crematories.
- Pet Loss Professionals Association (PLPA)
- If you’re a pet loss professional in any capacity, the PLPA may be a great fit for you. They are a wonderful resource for any pet business that caters to the needs of delicate end-of-life services for pets and supplies resources for grieving pet owners.
If you’re headed to Global Pet Expo, or another pet industry trade show this year, you might have an opportunity to meet with some of these pet industry associations in person. To make sure you fit it into your busy trade show schedule, check out this post about maximizing your time at a show like Global Pet Expo!
Learn more with us!
- Need 1:1 support to make massive action now? Book a discovery call with us to see if working 1:1 with Candace is the right fit for you.
- Get on the waitlist! You’re passionate about pets. It’s time to have a business that supports the life you want, too! Learn the specific techniques to find new customers, to increase sales and to build a better team for ANY kind of pet business by joining the Pet Boss Club! Get on the waitlist here.