Episode 15 | Overcoming Challenges When Opening A Pet Business – Interview with Shannon Heitt of Wiggles and Whiskers
Or Listen Here
Have you ever wanted to do something ambitious, but someone told you it wasn’t possible?
Did you prove them wrong?
That’s exactly what happened to Shannon Heitt, our guest on episode 15 of the Boss Your Business podcast.
Shannon is the founder and owner of Wiggles and Whiskers Pet Supply in Unity, Saskatchewan, Canada. She’s a fairly new business owner who opened her doors in August of 2020 (yes, during the pandemic), and she has accrued so much business wisdom in just that short timeframe!
In this episode, we cover:
- The extensive demographic research Shannon did before opening her doors so that she felt confident this was a viable business option.
- How Shannon overcame being denied a business loan initially, and how she didn’t let that stop her from pursuing her dream.
- Resources for new business owners, even if you have no formal business training or degree.
- How Shannon is now crushing her revenue goals!
- Plus, so much more!
Pet Bosses in ANY stage will surely pull so much value from Shannon’s experiences, so tune in to hear about her struggles, her triumphs, and her undeniable confidence!
More about our guest:
Before opening Wiggles and Whiskers, Shannon worked in vet offices, pet supply stores, grooming salons, and doggy daycares. She was also on the board of the local cat rescue, but one job in particular gave her the push she needed to go into business for herself. Find out which job that was in the episode!
Connect with Shannon Heitt
Other Episodes & Blogs
- Episode 14 | Actionable Steps Toward Starting Your Own Pet Business
- Episode 4 | Candace’s Pet Business Journey – From Failing to Scaling then Exiting On Her Terms and Successfully Selling Three Pet Businesses
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- SBA Loans
- SBA Minority
- SBA Woman Owned Business
- Minority Business Development Agency
Join Us Online
Rate, Review, Follow, Subscribe!
“I love listening to Candace and the Boss Your Business Podcast!”
If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more pet professionals — just like you — to have a successful pet business. Listen on Apple Podcasts: go to the show, scroll to the bottom, find the purple stars, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let us know what you think!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, please follow the podcast. I may just add some bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not following, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Follow and subscribe now!
Note: Not all podcast platforms allow for ratings and reviews.