Episode 23 | How To Build LGBTQ+ Inclusive Pet Businesses- An Interview with Barbara Mundis
Listen On Your Favorite Platform: Apple | Spotify | Megaphone
Or Listen Here
LGBTQ people own more than 1.4 million small businesses in the United States, and those companies bring in an estimated 1.7 trillion in revenue. Those numbers continue to rise, which we love to see, but we want to stress creating an overall inclusive world always.
June is Pride Month, and as an ally to the LGBTQ+ community, we’re kicking things off with an interview with a member of that community who also happens to be a thriving member of the Pet Boss Club!
Barbara Mundis is the owner of All Star Pet Hotel & Day Care in White Bear Lake, Minnesota. As a lesbian in the LGBTQ community, Barbara stives for inclusivity in her business, and values mentorship and feeling safe in the workplace.
Listen in to hear more about:
- Barbara’s journey from a career in criminal justice to becoming a Pet Boss, and the differences she saw as a woman in the LGBTQ community.
- How Barbara prioritizes mentorship for young women within her business.
- What Barbara is doing to ensure her employees feel valued, safe, and appreciated.
- How you can create a safe space for your employees, clients, and anyone coming into contact with your pet business.
Enjoy, and Happy Pride Month!
Get to know our Guest, Barbara Mundis
Resources for LGBTQ+ Business Owners
- SBA’s Network for LGBTQ+ Businesses aims to bring focus on economic empowerment in the LGBTQ+ business community by providing access to the U.S. Small Business Administration’s programs and services.
- The LGBT Inclusion Hub for Small Businesses is an online platform helping business owners create inclusive workplaces.
- The National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) (also known as the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce) is an advocacy organization and the business voice of the LGBTQ community.
- OutProfessionals is the country’s leading LGBTQ networking organization. There are monthly virtual and in-person networking opportunities and community service activities.
Join Us Online
Rate, Review, Follow, Subscribe!
“I love listening to Candace and the Boss Your Business Podcast!”
If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more pet professionals — just like you — to have a successful pet business. Listen on Apple Podcasts: go to the show, scroll to the bottom, find the purple stars, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let us know what you think!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, please follow the podcast. I may just add some bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not following, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Follow and subscribe now!
Note: Not all podcast platforms allow for ratings and reviews.